The Middle East Medical Portal (MEMP) is for healthcare professionals in the Middle East who want to continually improve their medical skills & knowledge and improve patients’ lives. MEMP offers a variety of online medical education learning options for physicians and surgeons including CME. Nurse education is coming soon. MEMP also leads critical initiatives such as the Middle East Metabolic Syndrome Society (MEMSS) which addresses the number one health crisis of the region.
Dr Samer Ellahham, MD, CPHQ, EFQM, FACMQ, FACP, FACC, FAHA, FCCP – Chairman of Medical Education at the Middle East Medical Portal and President of MEMSS.
Telehealth: The Elite Masterclass Series
20th March 2021 at 2-6 PM Gulf Standard Time
14:00 – 14:15
Opening and Introduction
Chairman, Dr Samer Ellahham, MD, CPHQ, EFQM, FACMQ, FACP, FACC, FAHA, FCCP.
14:15 – 14:45
Telehealth and Coronavirus: Impact on Each Other and Opportunity to Surmount Machiavellian Forces
Presentation by Dr Amar Gupta, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (CSAIL), Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), Institute for Medical Engineering and Science (IMES), and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
14:50 – 15:20
How to build a Successful Telemedicine Program and Generate Revenue
Presentation by Professor Elizabeth A. Krupinski, Ph.D., FSPIE, FSIIM, FATA, FAIMBE, Professor & Vice Chair for Research, Department of Radiology & Imaging Sciences, Emory University.
15:30 – 16:30
Critical Security Issues, Regulations, and Patient Safety
Panel Session led by Chairman, Professor Jefferson G Fernandes, MD, MSc, Ph.D., MBA. Dr Fernandes is Vice President of the Brazilian Association of Telemedicine and Telehealth. He is also the coordinator of the Telemedicine Education Program, Medical Association of São Paulo, Brazil.
- Professor Supten. N. Sarbadhikari, MBBS, PhD. Professor of Health Informatics. Expert Roster for Digital Health at the World Health Organisation.
- Christian Milaster – Telehealth adviser to hospital leaders and CEO of Ingenium Digital Health Advisors.
16:30 – 17:30
Telemedicine: Leveraging Mhealth, Wearable Mtech and Virtual Hospitals.
Panel session led by Chairman, Professor Sergio Pillion, MD, Ph.D., Co-Author of Italian National Telemedicine Guidelines (Ministry of Health) and Chilean Telemedicine and Telehealth Guidelines. Expert of Italian National Health Institute, ISS, TISP Center, Medical Director of CIRM, centro internazionale Radio Medico.
- Dr. Oren Mechanic. Director of Telehealth, Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians (HMFP) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC).
- Professor Tamer Emara, Director of Ain Shams Virtual Hospital, Professor of Neurology.
- Professor Kristian Kidholm, Leader in European Telemedicine. Professor and Head of research at Center for Innovative Medical Technologies at Odense University Hospital and University of Southern Denmark
17:30 – 18:00
Questions and answers to the chairs and panel members
Led by the Chairman, Dr Samer Ellahham, MD, CPHQ, EFQM, FACMQ, FACP, FACC, FAHA, FCCP