The Ain Shams University Middle East North Africa FAIMER Regional Institute (ASU-MENA-FRI) is a regional institute serving the Middle East and North Africa, targeting academic leaders in positions that facilitate the implementation of change in their countries. The institute is a four-session program in a hybrid design, offering both in-site and distant training. The program is hosted by the Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine in Cairo, Egypt.
To facilitate an exchange of best practices in the Middle East and North Africa by attracting change agents capable of leading medical education reform in relevance to their national and community needs.
To provide a collaborative environment for scholars in leadership positions in health professions education in the Middle East and North African countries ensuring they gain up-to-date knowledge, skills, and attitudes that would help them lead change in the region.
Overall goals and objectives:
- To make fellows able to act as both educational scholars/researchers and change agents, that could successfully interact and develop a Community of Practice (COP) with health professions educators from across the globe and offer an international perspective on Health Professions Education (HPE).
- Fellows could also discover new pathways to access HPE resources as publications and networks, effectively design educational programs with rich teaching/learning environments for students, faculty, and community members in their home institutions, countries and regions.
- Fellows could also apply an effective educational design for student and adult learners and implement distance education using both low tech and high-tech approaches.
- Finally, fellows would use collected information to support assessment, evaluation, feedback, reflection, learning, and improvement. Thus, fellows could create a career path in HPE.
The groups of people who most benefit from taking the courses:
- Provosts of health professions schools
- Hospital Managers
- Deans of HP schools
- Directors of Continuous medical education in hospitals
- Educators and Educational Managers
- People working in Quality of Education
- Clinical supervisors
- Clinical educators
Why take an ASU MENA FRI VA course?
- We are a community for educators affiliated to the FAIMER institute program.
- FAIMER has been around for over 10-years with international fellows in almost all countries of the world.
- We have international experience in education and educational leadership.
- We have an inclusive culture and adaptable to needs of different areas of the world.
- We have faculty and trainers from all over the world.