Cardiothoracic CME Training Courses
WORLD-CLASS CARDIOTHORACIC CME TRAINING COURSES AVAILABLE
Delivered by the world-class experts at the Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. The Royal Papworth is a world-leading heart and lung international centre of excellence. Royal Papworth is one of only a handful of centres globally that regularly performs Pulmonary Endarterectomy (PEA) surgery for the treatment of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH) and has an established international training programme to share its expertise in this area. The hospital also has a dedicated Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) centre and has been providing highly acclaimed, international courses for ECMO training for the last ten years. Royal Papworth Hospital is a member of Cambridge University Health Partners, a partnership with one of the world’s leading Universities. Cambridge University Health Partners delivers world-class excellence in healthcare, research, clinical education.
The training is by both face to face and via online live sessions, masterclasses, discussions with Q&A and pre-recorded videos.
CME TRAINING COURSES ON
- Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PPCI) and coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) including standard CABG, beating heart CABG, minimally invasive CABG and hybrid revascularisation.
- Aortic valve surgery including TAVI (transcatheter aortic valve implantation).
- Arrhythmia surgery.
- Mitral valve surgery including minimal access mitral valve surgery and percutaneous mitral valve leaflet repairs.
- Complex coronary intervention, including left main stem stenting, chronic total occlusions, bifurcation lesions and rotablation for heavily calcified arteries.
- The latest invasive diagnostic tools such as intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) virtual IVUS, fractional flow reserve studies (FFR) and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- High-risk NSTEMI heart attacks.
- Closure of septal defects including atrial septal defects (ASD) and patent foramen ovale (PFO).
- Balloon valvuloplasty (mitral and pulmonary), alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM), atrial appendage closure and transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI).
- Percutaneous valve and non-valvular structural devices and procedures.
- Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).
- Pulmonary Endarterectomy and Balloon Pulmonary Angioplasty (BPA).
- Catheter ablation of both standard and complex arrhythmias.
- Biventricular devices and implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICDs)
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD).
- Endobronchial and endoscopic ultrasound.
- Autoflourescence bronchoscopy.
- Interventional bronchoscopic procedures including cryotherapy, diathermy and endobronchial stenting.
- Medical thoracoscopy.
- Indwelling pleural catheters.
- CT guided lung biopsies.
- Ultrasound guided biopsies.
- Lung cancer and mesothelioma.
- Pulmonary endarterectomy.
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH).
- Pulmonary endarterectomy surgery.
- DCD heart transplantation.
- Cardiothoracic transplantation.
- Sleeve resections, lung-sparing surgery, chest wall resections and resections involving the heart or great vessels.
- Tracheal resections, cryotherapy, endobronchial resection, flexible and rigid bronchoscopy, and stenting.