Telehealth: The Elite Masterclass Series
20th March 2021 at 1:30-6 PM Gulf Standard Time
13:30 – 13:45
Opening and Introduction
Chairman, Dr Samer Ellahham, MD, CPHQ, EFQM, FACMQ, FACP, FACC, FAHA, FCCP.
13:45 – 14:45
Telehealth and Coronavirus: Impact on Each Other and Opportunity to Surmount Machiavellian Forces
Presentation by Dr Amar Gupta, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (CSAIL), Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), Institute for Medical Engineering and Science (IMES), and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
14:50 – 15:20
How to build a Successful Telemedicine Program and Generate Revenue
Presentation by Professor Elizabeth A. Krupinski, Ph.D., FSPIE, FSIIM, FATA, FAIMBE. Associate Director of Evaluation for the Arizona Telemedicine Program and co-Director of the Southwest Telehealth Resource Center. Co-Editor of the Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare and on the Editorial Board of the Telemedicine & E-Health Journal. Dr. Krupinski is Professor and Vice-Chair for Research at Emory University in the Department of Radiology & Imaging Sciences.
15:30 – 16:30
Patient Safety, Regulations and Cyber Security.
Panel Session led by Chairman, Professor Jefferson G Fernandes, MD, MSc, Ph.D., MBA. Dr Fernandes is Vice President of the Brazilian Association of Telemedicine and Telehealth. He is also the coordinator of the Telemedicine Education Program, Medical Association of São Paulo, Brazil.
- Professor Supten. N. Sarbadhikari, MBBS, PhD. Professor of Health Informatics. Expert Roster for Digital Health at the World Health Organisation.
- Professor Corrado Giustozzi, CISM, CRISC, C-CISO, Director at the Italian association of information security professionals (Clusit). Former senior cybersecurity expert at Agency for Digital Italy and member of the Advisory Group at the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA).
- Dr Osama Elhassan, board member of the international society of Telemedicine and eHealth ISfTeH. A software engineer by training with 12 years of experience in digital health.
- Mr Andrew Phillips. COO of Wollongong University Dubai and former director of Daman Insurance
16:30 – 17:30
Telemedicine: Leveraging Mhealth, Wearable Mtech and Virtual Healthcare Centres.
Panel session led by Chairman, Professor Sergio Pillon, MD, Ph.D., Co-Author of Italian National Telemedicine Guidelines (Ministry of Health) and Chilean Telemedicine and Telehealth Guidelines. Expert of Italian National Health Institute, ISS, TISP Center, Medical Director of CIRM, centro internazionale Radio Medico.
- Dr. Oren Mechanic. Director of Telehealth, Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians (HMFP) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC).
- Prof. Tamer Emara, Professor of Neurology, Director of Ain Shams Virtual Hospital.
- Associate Prof. Fahad D. Algahtani, CEO of Health services & Dean of Public Health and Health Informatics College, university of ha’il.
- Professor Kristian Kidholm. Leader in European Telemedicine. Professor and Head of research at Center for Innovative Medical Technologies at Odense University Hospital and University of Southern Denmark
- Mr Rashed Assouma. CEO of Homepital
17:30 – 18:00
Questions and answers to the chairs and panel members
Led by the Chairman, Dr Samer Ellahham, MD, CPHQ, EFQM, FACMQ, FACP, FACC, FAHA, FCCP