Advanced self-management of stress for healthcare providers – 2 CME Points
SPONSOR THIS MASTERCLASS
by Dr. Kirin HilliarClick Here To Register
Dr. Kirin completed her Master of Psychology (Forensic) and PhD in Psychology at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Sydney, Australia. Her work has taken her across the fields of Forensic, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology in Australia and the UAE, including corrective custodial services, forensic mental health, workplace recruitment assessments and therapeutic services in the community and in organizations. Alongside her full-time role as an Assistant Professor of Psychology at Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus (HWUDC), she also works part-time as a Psychologist in private practice in Dubai. She has consulted on organizational responses to traumatic incidents, regularly devises and delivers training materials on stress management and mindfulness techniques, and is particularly passionate about ensuring that practic.
Attendees will formulate a greater self-awareness of their own stress “red flags”, learn effective stress management techniques, and identify what stress management methods may be most appropriate for their organization. The masterclass will provide attendees with a greater understanding of:
- The impacts of stress, both from a personal and organizational perspective,
- The fact that stress expresses itself in a variety of ways, and will look different for different individuals and have different effects on a business
- A specific action plan for managing one’s own stress, and
- The variety of ways that organizations can effectively identify and respond to employee stress.
- Differentiating between manageable stress, acute stress, and chronic stress
- The negative effects of chronic stress on our body, mind, family and work.
- Everyone’s stress response is different, and not everyone considers the same situation to be equally stressful
- Identify and implement stress management techniques in your own life
- Adjusting your thinking to reduce stress
- Recognizing what is inside and outside of your “area of control” and responding accordingly
- Tips for conducting difficult but respectful conversations at work, if you believe a colleague may be struggling with stress
- Identify areas of improvement for your own organization for managing organizational stress
Click Here To Register