VACANCY: Resident Medical Officer – Critical Care, London, UK (PLAB – GMC Only)
Category: Critical Care
GMC OR PLAB NEEDED. DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT
Salary: £65,000 – £79,000 per annum depending upon skills & experience
A group of world-class, award-winning private hospitals, specialist clinics, outpatients and diagnostics centres and private GP services spread across London and Manchester. They provide advanced, high-quality care to patients in these environments and also partner with leading NHS Trusts. They are specialists in acute and complex care and are the only private provided in London to have ‘Outstanding’ ratings from the CQC.
The facility provides complex and acute care across all medical specialties, for patients within the UK and from around the world. We’re at the cutting-edge of medicine, performing procedures such as living donor renal and liver transplants, and stem cell transplants for blood cancers and multiple sclerosis. Working with eminent consultants who are leaders in their fields of medicine, supported by nurses and other healthcare professionals to ensure care is provided at the highest level of complexity, standard and safety.
This is an exciting opportunity for ST4 level trained in Critical Care and Anaesthesia with positions available in 5 hospitals across London:
• The Lister Hospital – Chelsea
• Princess Grace Hospital
• London Bridge Hospital
• The Wellington Hospital
• The Harley Street Clinic
Shifts optional based on either PT or FT:
• 1 x 24 hour shift per week
• 2 x 12 hour shifts per week
• 7 x 24 hour shifts per month (which is full time & equates to 40 hours per week contract)
Rota: Provided on average 6 – 8 weeks in advance to plan a great work/life balance
Duties & Responsibilities:
Doctors will take direction from the Consultant and Lead Nurse in the unit. The RMO Specialist, will work autonomously in our Private Patient Adult Services, Level 2 and Level 3 Critical Care Units.
The patient mix will be a combination of very complex surgeries or medical conditions. ( At Wellington, Harley Street and London Bridge this will include Critical Care patients with extreme Cardiac Conditions).
The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
• This will include updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
• You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
An attractive rewards package includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD’s, MD and MScs are available.
Skills & Experience:
• UK trained to ST4 level+
• MBBS medical qualification
• An additional post-graduate qualification equivalent to FRCA, MRCP and MRCS is preferred.
• Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
• Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
• Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative
• Evidence of specialist training in Intensive Care Medicine with ability to intubate and manage the airway confidently unsupervised.