Product for evaluation in the UAE. Not for sale in the UAE until after evaluation and government approval.
Up to 10% of newborn babies need some form of stabilisation or resuscitation at birth. This adds up to 14 million worldwide. The heart rate of the baby is critical for guiding the stabilisation and resuscitation process. However, the stethoscope remains the current standard of care and its use can be subject to errors. Current National and International Guidelines recognise that getting an accurate heart rate in the first few minutes of a newborn baby’s life is essential to manage the baby’s care optimally.
Learn about an accurate and hands-free heart rate monitor specifically designed to be used on newborn babies. It could make a real difference to patient care and also to potentially reduce time that a baby spends in intensive care.
The system comprises two parts – a single-use Cap which integrates a sensor and a reusable Display with wireless Modules.
The system has been designed with the baby and the user firmly in mind. The monitor integrates seamlessly with the resuscitation workflow to provide accurate vital sign information right when its needed.
The design of the system has been informed by close cooperation with clinical experts in resuscitation and rigorously tested to ensure it operates reliably in the crucial few minutes after birth. The Cap is designed to be rapidly applied to the baby and situate the sensor on the forehead where optimum signal quality can be obtained. The Display is easily mounted on the side of the resuscitation table. The Display houses two wireless Modules. When the monitoring is required, a Module simply lifts from the Display and is placed into a cradle at the side of the baby’s head, which connects to the sensor.
The Cap is designed to be rapidly applied to the baby and situate the sensor on the forehead.
- Innovative wrap-around design provides easy application to a range of head sizes
- Only five sizes to accommodate head circumferences from 20 cm to 40 cm
- Provides thermal protection
- Holes for tethering intubation or CPAP apparatus
- Flap at the back of the head gives access for fontanelle scanning
- Sensor can be removed from the Cap without taking the Cap off the head, so as not to disturb breathing apparatus or expose the baby’s head unnecessarily
- Single-use to prevent cross-contamination
The Display is easily mounted on the side of the resuscitation table. The Display houses two wireless Modules. When the monitoring is required, a Module simply lifts from the Display and is placed into a cradle at the side of the baby’s head, which connects to the sensor.
- Continuous read-out of pulse waveform and heart rate
- Battery or mains operated
- Active battery life of up to four hours
- Wireless to prevent more cables crowding the resuscitation table
- Touchscreen user interface
- USB port for downloading of data
REQUEST INFORMATION / DEMONSTRATION