The telephone can facilitate the medical care of the patient in one hand, but it may be risky and lead to serious adverse clinical outcomes & legal actions on the other side. Therefore, to reduce the risk that may arise from the telephone clinical encounter, a high quality telephone service should be offered. Training the healthcare providers to competently conduct these phone clinical encounters is a must because it is a different task compared to face-to-face clinical encounters.
Ilham Youssry, MD- ICT, MHPE
Professor of Pediatrics, Cairo University and Head of the Pediatric Hematolog and Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT) Unit, Cairo University.
- B.Bch degree, Cairo University
- Sc. (Masters) in pediatrics, Cairo University
- D in pediatrics Cairo University
- Board of Certified trainers (IBCT) and Human Resource Development Professional, European division, Netherland
- Masters in Health Profession Education & Management (MHPE), Maastrich and Suez Canal Universities
- American Board in Medical Education and Research, FAIMER, Philadelphi USA
- Professor of Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology, Cairo University (2009 present)
- Director of the Pediatric Hematology and BMT Unit, Cairo University (2011 2015)
- Head of the Pediatric Hematology and BMT Unit, Cairo University (2012 present)
- Member in the education and assessment committee, Pediatric department Cairo University
- Member in the Pediatric Promotion Committee (2019-2022)- Supreme Council of the Egyptian Universities
- Faculty at Ain Shams University Middle East North Africa FAIMER Region Institute (ASU-MENA-FRI), from 2018 till present
A three-hour course delivered through small group teaching with short interactive lectures and small group activities.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the difficulties that differentiate a telephone clinical visit from an office face to face visit
- Describe the components of good quality telephone clinical encounters
- Identify some red flags that lead to medical errors in telephone clinical encounters