Best Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Practices for Medical Billing: Physician CDI Input for Clinical Validation, IR-DRG Validation and Denials Management
by Wilbur Lo, MD, CDIP, CCA, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Starts : 10 March 2020 6:00 pm GST
- Provide Overview of Medical Billing from Documentation to Coding to Revenue Cycle and Denials Management
- Discuss Metrics to Assess Best CDI Practices
- Introduce cdiWorks Physician CDI Practice and Services
- Provide Insight on Why Physician CDI Specialists Are Key Players to Improve Documentation, Patient Care/Safety, Revenue and KPIs
- Present Case Studies: How Physician CDI Input for Clinical Validation, Query Generation and IR-DRG Validation Increases IR-DRG Relative Weight and/or Decreases LOS
- Discuss Key Role of Physician CDI Input in Denials Management
Dr. Wilbur Lo:
Dr. Wilbur Lo is Chief Medical and CDI Officer for CDIWorks, a Physician CDI consulting company. A US-trained Physician, Dr. Lo obtained his medical degree from the University of Toledo College of Medicine and completed Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at Allegheny University Hospitals.
During his Postdoctoral Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Dr. Lo conducted research in Renal Pathology and published in a peer-reviewed journal, Kidney International.
At present, Dr. Lo is Lead Physician CDI consultant for a hospital in New York City. Outside the US, Dr. Lo has served as Physician CDI content and curriculum expert for AHIMA and AHIMA World Congress. Dr. Lo has extensive domestic and international CDI experience, with respect to MS-DRG, APR-DRG, IR-DRG and AR-DRG payment models.